• 24May

    I extended the doumentation section by adding a new tutorial, which describes how to enable the billable time feature. In addition I fixed the current DPDesktop-patch package. The fix ensures that the HowTo works ;)


  • 20May

    You are now able to download the client, as well as a patch for your dotProject installation to setup a tracking environment. Just have a look at the download section. Among this I made significant changes to the website, e.g. providing a documentation section where you can find tutorials etc. An FAQ is available, too. You may provide me with questions via e-mail. Thank you!

    Tags: ,

  • 19May

    Refactoring is almost done. I cleaned up the subversion repository and worked on this homepage. Soon the first download packages, as well as installation guides, will be available. For those who cannot wait: check out trunk folders from repostiory ;)


  • 12Mar

    After examination periode, we are now able to proceed with development and refactoring of DPDesktop. Tolleiv and me had a little conversation of how to implement the Model-View-Controller pattern. The talk via jabber was not that productive. Finally, we decided have a meeting on friday. Until then we will write some proof of concept implementations.


  • 15Jan

    I just stumbled over this post and since practice is important here’s what I found to be a good elevator-speech for DPDesktop:

    Hi, my name is “DPDesktop”. I try to ensure that you do not get lost in time and if you unfortunately got lost, I at least would show how this could happen.

    Hope you like it…

  • 05Jan

    … and this is how the main window could finally look like:

    In addition a tray icon will allow the user to quickly access common features. For the time being several other widgets will be created. The GUI will recieve data from the service layer, soon.

    By the way, Tolleiv and I wish you a happy new year.


  • 04Dec

    Having done a lot of theoretical work and planning in the last weeks we started to implement some functionality from the Service- and form the Model-Layer. Since we planned to have tests with a high code-coverage and due to the fact that testing functionality in the Service-Layer is not the easiest work we primary focused on this part.

    To keep our tests readable and for the sake of test-significance we use JUnit v4 as Test-Framework and JMock as Mocking-Framework. The reason why we decided to use JMock instead of EasyMock or RMock was mainly because of the fact that JMock statements can be very complex. Even though they keep their readability.

    See yourself:

    final Container project= context.mock(Container.class);
    context.checking(new Expectations() {{
    allowing (project).getName(); will(returnValue(”Havel”));


  • 25Nov

    We collected our thoughts and the parts of the specification we have and wrote some user stories. It took a while to verbalize what we scribbled some weeks ago, but now they are available. During the development process and whenever new features are planned we’ll round up these user stories.
    Read on…

  • 19Nov

    Netbeans 6.5 has been released just in time. Let’s start coding.


  • 16Nov

    We just meet and finalized the first UML-Sketch. We’re now ready to write down some User-Stories, create a view tests and start to move some of the logic into the new structure. Wooohooo hardest part is done :P

    Codename Havel - first ideas for a structured Domain-Layer

    Codename Havel - first ideas for a structured Domain-Layer


« Previous Entries   Next Entries »